DURATION :- Three Months as Blended MOOC (80% Online and 15 hours Classroom Teaching and Hands-on Practicals)
ABOUT THE COURSE :- The “Certificate Course in Fingerprints and Other Impressions” course has been developed for the students seeking in-depth understanding of the concepts related to fingerprints and other impressions. The main aim of this course is to provide an insight regarding the introduction of fingerprints, formation of fingerprints, consistency over an individual’s lifetime and their individuality, the minutiae characteristics, ridge patterns and the well-known Henry’s ten digit classification system, etc., to help the learners have a better perception about fingerprints. The learners will also be acquainted with the hierarchy of Forensic Science Laboratories (i.e. FSLs) and Central Forensic Science Laboratories (i.e. CFSLs) and their functioning. The course shall also be dealing with physical and chemical techniques of latent fingerprint detection such as powder method, use of physical developer, silver nitrate and iodine fuming technique, SPR, etc. It will also emphasize on specific chemical reagents and newer techniques of latent fingerprint detection on various types of surfaces.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-
• 12th Passed
• UG/PG pursuing students
• NO AGE LIMIT
ADMISSIONS AND COURSE CRITERIA:-
• Admissions to the course shall be strictly based on First come- first serve basis/ Personal Interview with discretionary rights reserved with the Principal/ Course Coordinators)
• The candidate must apply in a duly prescribed format (application form), with all supporting documents annexed in photocopies.
• After admission to the course, a Login ID and password will be generated for opted subject(s). The candidate may log on to the allotted subject and study the subject from the “e- content” available at the web- portal.
• Practical training on the concerned subject shall be given only in the in-house laboratory of the institute.
At the end of the study program/course, the candidates may be asked to appear in an indicative test to enhance the learning skills. Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have attended prescribed number of lecture/ practical hours (in aggregate).
FEE STRUCTURE :- Rs. 10,000/- per student.
COURSE SYLLABUS :-
History and Development of Fingerprints:-
Ridge Patterns, pattern types, pattern areas,Classification of fingerprints- Henry System of Classification, Single digit Classification, Extension of Henry System, Search of fingerprints,Working procedures of Fingerprint Bureau.
Fingerprint Identification and Development:-
Chance Fingerprints, Latent & Visible Fingerprints, Plastic Fingerprints, Composition of Sweat,Conventional methods of development of fingerprints- fluorescent method, magnetic powder method, fuming method, chemical method etc.,Modern methods of development of fingerprints- digital imaging and enhancement, application of laser and other radiations to develop latent fingerprints, metal deposition method and development of latent prints on skin.
Lifting of Fingerprints:-
Taking of finger prints from living and dead persons,Preserving and lifting of fingerprints,Photography of fingerprints, digital transmission,Comparison of fingerprints, basis of comparison, class characteristics, individual characteristics, various types of ridge characteristics and Automatic fingerprint Identification System.
HOW TO APPLY :-
• The Pre-admission form can be downloaded from our website cfel.in or can be obtained from the Centre for e Learning, S.G.T.B Khalsa College, University of Delhi, between 10 am to 5 pm, on all working days.
• The complete form with recent passport sized colored photograph attached, along with the self-attested photocopies of required mark-sheets and self attested photocopy of a valid ID-Proof should be either scanned and mailed at email@example.com or can be sent by a post, addressed to the “Director, Centre for e Learning, S.G.T.B Khalsa College, North Campus, University of Delhi, 110007”, before the due date.
• The last date for application is Thursday, 15 December 2016.
A confirmatory mail will be send to the selected candidates before the commencement of the course (i.e., before 4th January 2017).
For further details, contact:-
Centre for e Learning
S.G.T.B Khalsa College
University of Delhi
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org